Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dr. Seuss Can be Wrong!

I loved Dr. Seuss as a child, my mother read all the books to my sister and I. So, of course, as a mom I read all the books to my daughters.

Years ago, at the age of 7, my oldest daughter's favorite book was Green Eggs and Ham. At that time the animated special of Green Eggs and Ham played on TV once a year-- she never missed it.

I had the wonderful idea one year to surprise her. When the show was over I made a special supper for her and myself of green eggs and ham (well, the eggs were green anyway- food coloring). I knew she would be delighted!

Well..... I have news for 'Sam, I Am'. She would not eat them on a box, she would not eat them with a fox. She would not eat them in a train, she would not eat them on a plane! As a matter of fact... she wailed!

By the time I finally got her to stop crying, assuring her she did not have to eat the green eggs and ham, they were a cold, soggy mess. We decided to go and get a burger and fries-- she hiccuped the entire time. Then we came home, called her dad, who was (happily for him), out of town; and went to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment